Thursday, February 16, 2006

Grandpa Jigs


Welp, I promised a picture of Grandpa Jigs and here is a picture of Grandpa Jigs. The jigs are made from real deer tail hair and he uses a powder paint that gets baked on. The jig heads are made from lead and come in two different sizes, 1/8oz and 1/4oz (I think :S) . The colors are (head/tail) pink/white, yellow, orange, chartreuse, and green/yellow (aka the packer jig). I know I need to get down to my grandfathers house and learn how to make these, and the sooner the better he is 83. He is pretty much done fishing now, no more spring/fall trips. He may go on a couple day trips, but he's gone as far as to give my dad his boat. I would like to thank my grandpa for all the jigs he has made us and for really introducing myself and both brothers to fishing. It was quite special to me to be a part of his last trip, after so many growing up, the last one will always be the best one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home