Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Early Trout Season

Got to do a little fishing this past weekend, was supposed to hit the ice, but do to the snow storm on Sunday Charlie and I had to postpone. Seeing how I was all geered up to go fishing, I really wanted to get out, so I decided to head over to Token Creek, and try and find some trout. I needed to blow off a little steam after our plumbing adventures. We had our main sewer line backup into our laundry room, how I love wading in poop water. Turns out we had tree roots in our main that were blocking drainage. Then I was helping Rox and her Mom hang some new curtains in our kitchen and I broke a drill bit off in the wall. It wasn't a very pleasent day. So anyway, I head out to the creek. It was pretty cool walking in the woods while it was snowing pretty hard. At the first major bend I landed an 8" brown on a white Panther Martin spinner. That was my only fish, but considering I suck at catching trout I'll take it. I decided to use my GS Ultra light, to get around the trees.

Seeing how I had to take the day off of work yesterday so the Plumber could come excavate the weeds from our poop drain, I decided to hit the creek again. Had one swing and I miss just past the first bridge. Had a bit of a fiasco, because I didn't have my trusty Leatherman with me. During the early trout season, you have to use barbless hooks. Well, most lures have barbed hooks, so you have to use a pliers to squash the barbs. Of course I broke off and didn't have any lures with squashed barbs, I then had to run back to the house and grab a pliers so I could do some more fishing. I got skunked, but it sure felt good to be out. I also had a real nice chat with a guy who was fly fishing. He told me about a Trout Unlimited seminar coming up at Salmo Pond, it's free so I might have to head over there and get some casting lessons. He also told me about some changes to the new Lake Link website, that include topo maps for members, that also include lake structure and cover. You can actually click on the map and get the exact GPS coordinates to that point. Just in time for my new GPS unit. YESSSSSS!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Roxy said...

the curtains really do look lovely. you did a great job!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger ily said...

i wanna see them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home