Thursday, July 13, 2006

Late Weekend Fishing Report

Last weekend I took Foxy and her sister Sally fishing at Rock Lake after a afternoon at the beach with Boo. Well, unfortunately WI has changed their out of state license rules, it used to be that out of staters could purchase a 24-hour license for around $7. Now you have to minimally buy a 4-day for $24. Sally decided not to fish. We were going to try and find some pannies, but ended up with mostly bass. A stout wind was blowing east across the lake which made for some quick drifting. The best part was Foxy got her first fish with me. She has gotten some gills with her grandpa in the past, but has never caught anything with me. She ended up with two fish a short bass and a short perch. I had a number of bass, including a nice smallie. Sally has a couple pictures of our fish. We had a good time and I am hoping to get Foxy out for some perch fishing on Mendota before they all get caught. With near 100 degree temps predicted this weekend not sure that's going to happen soon. I also managed to get out on Monona for a couple hours on Monday, unfortunately I had my first skunk of the season. Oh well, can't catch them every time. Not sure if I will get out this weekend with the heat, I'll also be working with my dad to try and fix our back yard faucet. Of course, we end up with another ridiculously hot weekend for outdoor work. Go figure. Regardless, next time I hit the water I would like to make it to Mendota for either Bass or Perch. I've been jones'n for some small mouth action. Until then, Tight Lines!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home