Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Weekend Fishing Report

Well had an eventful 4th of July holiday weekend. I would call it relaxing, but very few things around our house are "relaxing" during the summer. We did have a nice long weekend though, I was off from Saturday - Tuesday and Foxy was off the same except she had to work on Sunday. I went fishing on Friday after work with FGAW. We decided to head to Waubessa for some whatever-would-bites (that's a fishing term). We picked up some meat (crawlers and leeches) and rigged up some slip bobbers and jigs. I decided to tie a Northland Tackle Slurpie on in Perch on one rod and a grandpa jig on the other. Well, we ended up with probably 20+ fish, my count 10 Walleyes, 8 LM Bass, 2 bluegills, and a perch. I caught the big fish a nice 23" waldo, on my ultra light no less (4lb test line). Around dusk we could see bass chasing baitfish in the weed bed we were fishing on. We just couldn't stand it any longer and I tossed a Mann's Hardnose in there after 'em. I landed two on the Mann's, good times. FGAW got some pics, when he gets them developed I'll post the Waldo. I do believe this was my biggest yet, I think I had one on Mendota a couple years ago that probably went bigger, but I lost him just before I could land him. So the 23" is the biggest I've had in the boat. Good times on the Ultra light. After a 12-pack of beer and dinner (for the second time that day) at Christy's I headed home to a sleepless child, poor Boo.

Saturday wasn't too eventful, Foxy's P's came over and we went to breakfast. When Boo went down for a nap so did we. It was nice. The night wasn't all to eventful either. I decided to take Boo down to my parents, and help grandpa paint. After all, I nearly killed him with our little roofing project. Foxy had to work so it seemed like a good plan. I would also like to thank Boo for the summer cold, all three of us have been battling away for almost a week. Although I think foxy and I got the worse end of the stick. Monday we went and visited Celly, he is on house arrest and just finished his Huber Law Jail term. He is in good spirits and I think was very happy to see Boo. They played quite a bit. Foxy also brought Celly a neat little Penguin to keep him company, see For the love 'O knit for a pic. Upon returning home we headed to the DeForest Beer tent, oh yes, in WI we have beer tents. It was ok, I drank enough to temporarily relieve some of my cold symptoms.

Ahhh....the fourth of July. We decided to mostly stay home. We let Boo play in her pool for a bit and did some much needed house cleaning. Foxy did some gardening and I decided to head Monona for some fishing. I ended up with two bass, one keeper on the Mann's hardnose. I didn't expect a whole lot after a crazy weekend such as this. Monona was busy, but not terrible. I almost overheated my engine on the way home, when weeds got caught in the water intake. Stupid Weeds. Anyway, it was a nice break from work and I think we had a fairly good weekend aside from the colds we are still fighting. Tight Lines!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home