Monday, March 13, 2006

Make Your Own Jigs

This past weekend we went down to visit my Grandparents and have dinner at my Parents house for my Birthday. Since we were going to be at my GP's house I thought I would have my Grandpa teach me how to make his jigs. He was very excited. It's not real hard, and the best part is I already have a lot of the stuff I need from a Fly Tieing Kit my parents got me for Xmas a couple years ago. While Grandpa and I were downstairs, Foxy and Boo were upstairs teaching Grandma how to knit, although I think it was more of a refresher course. Foxy was very excited. I am really glad that I got a chance to learn the art of Jig making. I need to set things up in the basement so I can practice and maybe start making jigs next winter. I will have to get some lead, a lead melting pot, some jig molds, deer tails, and some other little supplies, but I have a bunch of that stuff in my kit. I will post a picture of my jig and one of grandpa's jigs for comparison soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger ily said...

so how come your blog works and ours doesn't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home