Monday, July 31, 2006

A day at Lake Camelot

Well, last year Foxy and I decided to invest in some property up north. The property is located close to Nekoosa, Wisconsin about an hour and a half north of our home. It's basically a glorified campsite. It has electric, water, and a driveway, along with deeded lake access via what they call a beach club. There is space for boat parking and a very nice sandy beach for swimming. We have actually only been there twice, once when we picked it out and once when we drove my brother home to Steven's Point. So we decided this weekend to run up there with Foxy's P's and pick up Celly in Point and spend the day swimming, boating, and fishing. Well, I don't think we were too impressed. The beach is very nice, but the lake is pretty nasty. Not just that, but I actually compared the lake to rush hour in chicago. Which is probably pretty close since most of the popluation is likely from IL. The boat traffic is insane, dangerous in fact. Needless to say this made fishing extremely hard. Celly and I decided to give it a try non the less. We found a little bay that was pretty quiet. Celly hooked into a LM on it wiggle wog, but lost it at the boat. I missed a small one that hit my buzz frog. We headed back after about an hour and a half of fishing for some super. After super we cleaned up and headed out again with Foxy. We slipped under a bridge into a nice little marshy area. A decent sized northern stole one of my buzz frogs, Celly had him on for minute, then lost him. I ended up with a keeper bass close to the bridge. We threw for awhile longer, but could get any hits, and decided to head home. Another downfall, is that in order to get to our beach you either have to pay $3 and use the public launch or use the camelot private launch and have to drive through this super long channel, which pretty much takes an hour to get through. I think after our trip we have decided to put the lot up for sale, I really don't see us either using it or moving there. Well, such is life I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Roxy said...

Let's hope that any interested parties didn't just read your post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home