Monday, August 21, 2006

Boats are fun =|

Well, I decided to see if Foxy wanted to go out fishing with me because FGAW said the gills were biting on Monona. We stopped and got some subs to bring with us and headed out. I found some fish so I stopped the boat as we were diggin into the subs I dropped the line over and low and behold caught a nice gill. Then the fun started, I notice my feet were getting wet, look down to see about 6" of water on my side of the boat. OMG I FORGOT THE PLUG!!!! I quick check the back compartment only to see about 2 feet of water and a floating gas tank. I start the engine and make for shore. This will often times clear some of the water out, at least stop more from coming in. I have a bilge pump, so I fired that up as well. After a nice 10 minute ride, I was able to put the plug in and calm down a bit. We headed back to the gil spot, but ended up not having much luck. We searched around a bit and I got another one. Foxy was getting tired so we decided to drop her off at launch and she made for home. I stayed out for awhile and bagged 3 bass, all small. I missed a nice one, had him on, but the line broke.

I also made a trip to Lake Ripely two weekends ago. It was the first trip I had made there. It was fairly quiet, I could see where it could get a little crazy there. I spent the majority of my time fishing lilly pads and slop, without much luck. Then I started throwing a weighless YUM dinger t-rigged at docks, and landed 5 bass, two keepers. Ripely currently holds the WI state large mouth bass record. However, I don't think a record breaking fish is going to come out of there again. It is a nice clean lake though, and I would like to fish there again.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger ily said...

ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home