Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Monona Weekend Fishing Report

Last Sunday Foxy had to work so she arranged for her parents to come by and watch Boo for the day. However, to my dismay I awoke to thunder, lightening, and a fairly steady downpour of rain. I anxiously watched the radar and by noon the rain had mostly stopped so I talked to the inlaws and they agreed to come over for the afternoon. Around 1:30 I headed to Lake Monona and launched at Olbrich park. I headed to the mouth of the Yaraha river (from Mendota) and worked the shore line back towards Olbrich. No takers. The wind was blowing in that way pretty hard, I ran a spinnerbait, a Zoom Toad, and a Yum dinger T-rigged weightless. I worked that shoreline for a little over an hour and decided to move to the John Nolan shore line off Olin Park. I had a couple hits on the Zoom toad, then switched to a T-rigged Yum dinger in red Watermelon. AHA. I was throwing the Dinger close to shore in shaded spots, under docks, and the edge of weed patches, and started catching fish. I ended up with 3 keeper bass and 2 nonkeepers. I missed a couple more on the Zoom Toad in Turville Bay. One plus was the WJJO bandcamp outdoor concert was in full swing when I got that shoreline. The concert was in Willow Park on the coliseum grounds. I listened to the full Dope and Nonpoint sets, it was pretty fun. I also discovered running across Monona isn't too bad of a haul which is nice, because the Olbrich launch isn't quite as steep as some of the others on Monona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home