Friday, April 13, 2007

Well over do....

So I decided I was well over do for an update here. So here is the latest and greatest from the MadGator household. First off, Foxy and I purchased a new car a couple weeks ago. It's an '05 Malibu Maxx, which is a hatchback. It's all pimped out, in fact it has just about every option you can put on it. Including a DVD player in the rear console. It's a pretty fun car to drive and gets almost 30mpg. I've taken over control of the Equinox and Foxy gets to enjoy the heated leather seats in the Malibu. Boo likes the new car and we haven't even showed her the DVD player yet. I have yet to sell the Bonneville, but it's only been in the paper since last week, and sounds like I may have some good prospects over the weekend. Either way, we all seem to enjoy the new vehicle, heck it's almost worth it to be able to listen to Boo say Malibu cause she says it funny.

Next, I got the boat out and after a $300.00 trip to Pharo marine she's ready to go for the season. In fact, I took my brother Celly up to the Dells this week on Monday. We fished a section of the river between here http://www.dellsriversedge.com/ and the Dell's dam. The nice part was the boat traffic was light, the bad part was the fishing was horrible. We have had about two weeks worth of awful weather and it's really shut the fishing down. It was only about 38-42 degrees up there and the water temp didn't go above 38 degrees, which is just not warm enough. That said neither of us got skunked, Celly got a short Sauger and I caught a sturgeon of all things. The sturgeon was about 20" and it's the first one I've ever caught, not saying it was worth the trip, but definitely helps. The area there is really cool, in fact this is where you go if you take a Duck tour or jet boat ride. Hence, during the summer it's an awful place to fish. We did see a couple boat tours, including a Duck that nearly ran us over. It's an interesting place, I'd like to take a trip there again, hopefully we can catch some fish next time.

Lastly, FGAW asked me if I'd like to join his bass club. I accepted his offer and we had our first meeting this week. We will be fishing 6 tournaments through out the summer, the cost is $170, and the payout goes as follows... 1st Place $100, 2nd place $50, 3rd place $25, big fish $25. If we have ten guys fish the 2nd, 3rd, and big fish go up $25. The lakes include, Delavan, Waubessa, Browns, Monona, Rock, and Mendota. I'm really looking forward to this, it's low pressure and a chance to try my hand at tournament fishing. My goal is win one tournament, which I think I have a pretty good chance of considering we are hitting 3 of the Madison lakes and rock lake which I fish on occasion. Other than that, May 5th can't get here fast enough. Till then, tight lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home