Wednesday, February 21, 2007

YAY NEW CAR...almost!!!

Foxy, Boo, and I took our annual trip to the accountant on Monday. This works out pretty well, because grandma and grandpa watch Boo while we do our business, plus the accountants office is about 5 minutes for their house. So we have dinner and learn that my Uncle is trading his '04 Malibu in on a new Impala. We have been looking at Malibu MAXXs and figured we could get a good deal. The car in question was thought to be a MAXX with leather, sun roof, power everything, remote start, the works. So we were pretty excited, the catch was that we would have to complete the deal by the end of the week. So the following day I ring my Uncle, he was a bit concerned that he had pretty much committed the car to the dealer (in writing). So he called the dealer, and that was in fact true, however we were promised first crack at the vehicle by the salesman. So I mention we had been looking at the MAXX for a little while and this would be a great deal. WAIT HOLD THE PHONE...A MAXX...No No No, we have the sedan. AHHHHHHH BOOOOOOO!!!! While still a good deal, we are really interested in the MAXX which is a hatchback. So alas the search continues.

In other news, the fishing show is this weekend, I am going with Charlie. There is really only one seminar presented by Pro Bass Angler Larry Nixon that I am interested in. I would like to pick up a "Crappie" rod, I have an ultra light but it's short and would like a 6'6" - 7' Ultra light rod. So we'll see if I can find anything. Other than that there isn't much I want or need from the show. Heck, maybe we'll bust out early and go fishing.

Lastly, I am signed up to do two presentations in the next few weeks. One is for the Madison Barcamp which is an Open Source conference. It's free as long as you present or help in some way. Basically, a social networking type of thing. I am presenting Five Windows Based Security/Forensics tools. Should be pretty cool, if interested check it out at http://www.barcampmadison.com. Christian is also presenting on Screen Scraping. I'm pretty excited about it. Secondly, I am presenting for the WiscNet Security Workgroup. My presentation will is Getting Started with a Security Assessment. We are performing a Security Assessment at work and I am heavily involved. So I hope that this is helpful so some of the other organization within WiscNet. I have a feeling that this will lead to another presentation at the WiscNet ITMC conference next fall.

Tight Lines!!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I've broadened the scope of my Screen Scraping session. It's now called "Repurposing web data" and will cover mashups and web service APIs, as well as screen scraping.

hooray for geekery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home