Wednesday, November 01, 2006

October No Fish :(

Well, generally fall is a great time for fishing. Many anglers are also hunters, the ski boats have packed up for the season, the weather is nice, and the colors make for gorgeous afternoon fishing trips. Someone forgot to tell the gods this because this fall has been terrible. The weather has been absolutely horrendous rain, wind, cold, and even some snow have made for a very unpleasent season. However, I attended an IT conference this week in Green Lake, which happened to be right on Green lake. So I brought my rods, the wind was blowing into shore all day, other than a pretty stiff wind the day was beutifull. So I decided to hang on until about 10:00pm and wander down to the pier and take a couple shots at some night time walleyes. I was throwing a Rapala X-Rap on my Fenwick spinning rod. I ended up with two beautifull walleye. The first was pushing the 25" mark and probably weighed 4-5lbs, abosulutely gorgeous fish. The second was a bit smaller coming in around 17-19" but still a nice healthy fat fish. It's situations like these that make me think I must be pretty decent at this fishing thing. I was pretty happy with the results. I am hoping to go Muskie fishing with FGAW hopefully this coming Sunday. Hopefully, I'll have some pics of nice Muskie next week. I like my chances so much I may even go during the Packer game, one they should win in fact. Although I told FGAW we would have to bring a radio.

I also got out on Mendota last week for a bit but didn't even get a bite. Apparently the day was maybe too nice. I don't know. Fishing for bass in the fall here is very difficult, maybe I should concentrate on toothy critters like Muskie and Walleye during the fall period.

We had our first trick or treat halloween with Boo. It was pretty fun, her little chicken costume pretty much made me laugh the whole time we were out. Foxy or I should really post some pics for all to see and laugh. Boo was also very excited about her pumpkin and how we put a face on it. I suppose thats it for now or at least I can post some Muskie pics next week (/me crosses fingers).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home