Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rock County Bass Anglers End of Season

So I thought I would sum up our tournament season in a little post here. We fished 6 tournaments. If I get the final standings from Aaron I will post. My results are at the end of this post. I'm not sure what my total weight for season was, I gotta get Aaron to send me that. I had a lot of fun, and am already looking forward to next season. I think I might try and talk Charlie into participating as well. The best part is being able to fish other lakes, while adding a bit of competition to the mix. The competition gets the the heart pumping and adrenaline flowing, I know it's just fishing, but competition in general does that. I also think it makes me fish faster, a little to fast in some situations.

In other news we had some more flooding in our basement, it's been raining for more than a week. I think it's almost done now though. Over the weekend we installed new gutters on the house, I'm hoping they take care of our flooding problem, and they look much nicer than our old ones. FEMA may declare Dane County a disaster area in which case we could get some compensation for the flooding. I should probably report our damages today.

I have fished a lot this season it's been pretty fun, I've gotten a couple over 18" but I don't think I've broken the 20" threshold. I think I've picked up more Northern Pike this season than I ever have which is kinda weird. There are still a couple of months left before I have to put the boat away so hopefully we can put some quality fish in the boat. Celly is home this summer so he has spent some time fishing with me, which I've greatly enjoyed. I've also gotten Boo out a couple times, I think she really likes it when we are catching fish anyway. I thought about trying to get her on the boat, but I'm not sure how that would go especially the potty part lol.

Last but defiantly not least, Foxy and I are expecting our second child in March. We found out a few weeks ago and have informed the family and friends. We are very excited. We've had our first appointment and everything looks great. Boo is very excited to be a big sister. First, I'm hoping for a healthy baby, second a boy would be nice :) , we have a lot of work to do around the house in preparation.

Cory's RCBA Tournament Results...

Tue., May 15 Delavan Lake - 0 fish weighed (My first tournament was a bust)

Tue. May 22 Lake Kegonsa - 4 fish weighed (Took first place and big fish)

Sun. June 24 Browns Lake - 0 Fish weighed (Spent most the time taking Northerns off the hook, had one short bass at the end that didn't measure)

Thur. July 12 Rock Lake - 1 Fish weighed (I think it was a 14 or 14.5, I lost a real nice fish that probably would have moved me into 2nd or 3rd place)

Thur. July 26 Lake Monona - 2 Fish weighed (Took 3rd place)

Sat. August 18 Lake Mendota - 2 Fish Weighed (Took 3rd place)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home