Monday, April 17, 2006

Quick Notes...

Fishing -- Well I have had a couple chances to check out the new fish finder. In two trips I've managed one small smallie at Lake Wisconsin. The other trip was to Lake Mendota, I spent most of the time fooling with my new toy. I am very pleased with it's performance. My plan is to enter some cooridantes to fish cribs that I have accuired. Then navigate to those cooridinates and try and find the crib on my graph. We'll see how that works out. I have to say the GPS was nice at Lake Wisconsin, a lake I have only been on once last spring. I am hoping to spend an evening fishing crappies with FGAW maybe next week.

Happy Easter -- We had our usual holiday cirrcus, only this holiday was different because we split the days instead of the DAY. It was somewhat refreshing not having to go to both families in one day. Boo got some outdoor toys which we were in need of because currently her only toys are rocks and sticks. Which is ok, because I think it's cool that she is so interested in nature, but I am sure the allure of rocks and sticks won't last forever. Chris and Becky got her a 10,000 bubble blowing machine, it's pretty crazy, and I think it might actually blow about 10,000 bubbles a minute. Boo is very excited about it and already figured out how to turn it on and off.

Music -- So I am super excited about two albums coming next month. The new Red Hot Chili Peppers album sounds like it is going to be a cool mix of old and new Chili's music. You can check out the song/video for Dani Cailfornia at http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com. The album is called Stadium Arcadium, it's a two disk set and will be released on May 9, 2006.
The other album that sounds like it might be cool is The Raconteurs, you can check out a video and a couple songs here http://www.theraconteurs.com/. The webiste is pretty unique, you have to use your keyboard to navigate it. This is actually a Jack White (The Whitestripes) venture along with a couple guys from The Greenhornes. The two songs they have on the site sound pretty cool. The album is called Broken Boy Soldiers and will be released on May 16, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home